If there’s one thing many of us are unfortunately guilty of, it’s ignoring the warning signs our vehicle gives. We tend to put off having it looked into until the very last moment, inevitably resulting in it hitting the dust harder and costing you far more than it should. Most modern vehicles come with an indicator for any problem; learn to keep an eye on it. Apart from having your vehicle regularly checked, it’s also a good idea to pay attention to how it runs. Any unusual delay in starting up, any unusual heating; head straight to your mechanic or garage…!
First impressions are vital in the business world. If you’re interested in making a lasting first impression, read ahead to find our tips and suggestions…
- Be aware of punctuality – unless it’s for adding a dramatic flare to your entrance, it’s always best being on time. Though this is regardless to the occasion; this is especially true when it comes to the business world. Being punctual shows your capability, as well as your keenness to work. it also shows then your delicateness.
- Choose the place of your meeting with care – some clients can judge your capability long before you arrive for the meeting; simply through the place you’ve organized to host your meeting. If it’s in your work place, make sure to have an impressionable meeting room. A room with comfortable seating and the proper temperature control is a sure winner.
- Take care with your appearance – in the business world, how you look when you arrive at the meeting plays a significant role. Make an emergency dentist visit and get your teeth in order. Opt for a hair cut if you think it’ll help. Wear clothes that makes your look good, as well as is comfortable. How you feel in your clothes will show through your face.
- Gather sufficient information about the client – asking obvious questions or not knowing details about your client you probably should is a way to show your clients that you are ill prepared for this meeting; or that you weren’t interested enough o find out. With today’s technology, finding information about clients and their businesses doesn’t take a lot of effort or use up a lot of your time. Allocate time for this well before your meeting to make sure you know everything that will make a difference to your meeting.
- Be confident – to most people, confidence translates to being experience and capable. This is because most successful people tend to be confident; or at least do a good job of pretending to be confident. Remember that as far as you know what you’re doing and you are confident about how you present yourself, no one is going to be bothered about your weight or if you wear braces Parramatta or if your arm is in a cast. Be yourself bravely.
- Be aware of your speech – how you speak can play a large part on impressing your first time clients. Your warmth and friendliness can make them like you more; and want to work with you. Your words and how you say them can give them reassurance about your talent and capability. Make sure to speak slowly and clearly; with no rush to be heard. This is a sign of a person who is self assured.